Driver's License Testing
The Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) has licensed the Marietta/Cobb Driver’s Education Program and its specially trained examiners as a state approved testing facility to administer the Driver's License Test needed for teens to receive their Class D Georgia Driver’s License.
This personalized service is available to students who have completed and passed a 30-hour Joshua's Law class with any school and have taken the 6-hour in-car instruction specifically with Marietta/Cobb Driver’s Education. Also, eligible students must have completed these courses within three years of the Road Skills Test appointment, otherwise, the student is no longer eligible to test with Marietta/Cobb Driver’s Education.
The Driver's License test is conducted in a Marietta/Cobb Driver's Ed vehicle and takes approximately one hour to complete. The test appointment includes a parent/student pre-conference with the Examiner, the on-the-road test and a parent/student post-conference with the Examiner. We do ask that parents stay on site for the duration of the test appointment.
Upon successful completion of the Driver's License Test, the student will be given a certificate to take with them to the DDS complex to have their actual license issued. An appointment with the DDS may be required for this task due to COVID-19 regulations, please contact them for more information.
NEW! W e now offer a Driver's License Test Prep session to help students refresh their driving skills in preparation of successfully passing the Road Skills Test needed to obtain a Class D or C Driver's License. This 2.5 hours behind-the-wheel session will focus on those skills that will be evaluated during the Road Skills Test. (Cost is $125 BUT if purchased when scheduling a Road Skills Test appointment with our program, the cost drops to $100!!) NEW! W e now offer a Driver's License Test Prep session to help students refresh their driving skills in preparation of successfully passing the Road Skills Test needed to obtain a Class D or C Driver's License. This 2.5 hours behind-the-wheel session will focus on those skills that will be evaluated during the Road Skills Test. (Cost is $125 BUT if purchased when scheduling a Road Skills Test appointment with our program, the cost drops to $100!!)
Driver's License Test: $95
Driver's License Test Prep Session: $125
Driver's License Test & Test Prep Session: $195 (BUNDLE & SAVE!!)
This fee must be paid when the appointment is made and non-refundable. There is an additional $25.00 fee if an appointment is rescheduled for any reason, at any time.
Marietta Community School
368 Wright St, Marietta, GA 30064
Driver's License Tests are scheduled in hourly increments by appointment only and offered in time-order of available slots.
To make a Driver's License Test appointment, contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: This service is not available for purchase online. Services can only be purchased by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-919-4494.
On the Driver's License Test you will be expected to do all or part of the following:
- Parallel Parking: Park midway between two standards so that your car is not more than 18 inches from the curb.
- Backing: Back your car for a distance of about 50 feet, at a slow rate of speed, and as straight and as smoothly as possible. Turn your head and look back at all times while backing.
- Stopping for Signs or Traffic Signals: Give the proper hand or brake signal; approach in the proper lane; stop before reaching a pedestrian crosswalk; and remain stopped until you may move safely through.
- Turning Around: Turn your car in a narrow space.
- Approaching Corners: You must be in proper lane and look in both directions.
- Yielding Right-of-Way: Always yield right-of-way to pedestrians, motor vehicles, bicyclists or anyone else who moves into the intersection before you.
- Turning: Get into the proper lane and give signal an adequate distance before reaching the turn.
- Passing: Always look ahead and behind to make sure you can safely pass without interfering with other traffic.
- Following: Do not drive too closely behind other cars. Watch the car ahead of you; when it passes some reference point, such as a telephone pole, and then count "one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two." If you pass the same spot before you are through counting, you are following too closely.
- Posture: Keep both hands on the steering wheel. Do not rest your elbow on the window and do not attempt to carry on a conversation with the Examiner because they will be busy giving instructions and recording your score.
- Turn About: Back the vehicle into a parking space, then drive forward and turn left.