04/15/23 Testing Day
MCDE Driver's License Test Appointments -
2022-23 DE TPT
DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST REGISTRATION
By clicking on the 'Enroll Now' button, you are registering to a take a Driver's License Test on a specific date with the Marietta/Cobb Driver’s Education Program.
Test registrant, depending on age, must meet certain criteria to be eligible to take a test with our program. See below for a list of criteria.
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Hold a valid GA Learner's Permit (ALL REGISTRANTS)
- Held a GA Learner's Permit for one year and one day (ONLY REGISTRANTS AGES 16 & 17)
- Successful completion of a 30-hour Joshua's Law class with any Driver's Ed program (ONLY REGISTRANTS AGES 16 & 17)
- Successful completion of 6-hours Behind-the-Wheel instruction with MCDE specifically (ONLY REGISTRANTS AGE 16)
- Successful completion of 6-hours Behind-the-Wheel instruction with any Driver's Ed program (ONLY REGISTRANTS AGE 17)
By making this registration, you are also agreeing to email criteria documentation, as determined and required by age, to the MCDE office for verification within 24 hours of registration. For a clear list of criteria documentation, click here.
Once MCDE has verified the test registrant's criteria documentation, we will email you with a specific appointment time slot.
The Driver's License Test is conducted in a Marietta/Cobb Driver's Ed vehicle and takes approximately one hour to complete.
All Tests are conducted from the MCDE business office located at 368 Wright St, Marietta, GA 30064.
- Purchase is nonrefundable and non transferable.
- Registration is for the Test DAY only. Upon receipt of registration and required documentation, MCDE will assign your student to a specific time slot on the requested day.
- Road Tests are scheduled in hourly increments between 8:30am - 3:30pm and are assigned first-come, first-served in time-order of available slots.
- The registrant must achieve a minimum score of 75% to pass.
- There is an additional fee of $30 if an appointment is rescheduled for any reason, at any time.
- Test registrant is required to submit Test eligibility documentation within 24 hours of registration. If documentation is not received by allotted timeframe, MCDE may be required to change the registrant's Test registration date to a future time when the documentation has been received and is verified.
- List of MCDE criteria documentation can be found here.
Marietta/Cobb Driver's Ed instructors, Examiners, staff and/or representatives cannot at any time, imply, indicate or guarantee that a registrant will receive a passing score on the Road Skills Test.
We now offer the Driver's License Test Prep course. This Prep course is a 2.5 hours behind-the-wheel session that is a refresher of those skills needed to successfully pass the Driver's License Test for obtainment of the Class D or C Driver's License. This course is normally $150 but if you purchase a Driver's License Test with our program first, you can save $25
(AFTER purchasing the Driver's License Test, you will receive a discount code within your receipt that will need to be used during the registration of the Driver's License Test Prep course to receive the discount.)
TEST PREPARATION INFORMATION:
On the Driver's License Test you will be expected to do all or part of the following:
- Parallel Parking: Park midway between two standards so that your car is not more than 18 inches from the curb.
- Backing: Back your car for a distance of about 50 feet, at a slow rate of speed, and as straight and as smoothly as possible. Turn your head and look back at all times while backing.
- Stopping for Signs or Traffic Signals: Give the proper hand or brake signal; approach in the proper lane; stop before reaching a pedestrian crosswalk; and remain stopped until you may move safely through.
- Turning Around: Turn your car in a narrow space.
- Approaching Corners: You must be in proper lane and look in both directions.
- Yielding Right-of-Way: Always yield right-of-way to pedestrians, motor vehicles, bicyclists or anyone else who moves into the intersection before you.
- Turning: Get into the proper lane and give signal an adequate distance before reaching the turn.
- Passing: Always look ahead and behind to make sure you can safely pass without interfering with other traffic.
- Following: Do not drive too closely behind other cars. Watch the car ahead of you; when it passes some reference point, such as a telephone pole, and then count "one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two." If you pass the same spot before you are through counting, you are following too closely.
- Posture: Keep both hands on the steering wheel. Do not rest your elbow on the window and do not attempt to carry on a conversation with the Examiner because they will be busy giving instructions and recording your score.
- Turn About: Back the vehicle into a parking space, then drive forward and turn left.