6-Hour Behind-the-Wheel Instruction Only
MCDE 6-Hour In-Car Instruction Program -
2022-23 DE SERVICES CATALOG
6-HOUR BEHIND-THE-WHEEL INSTRUCTIONAL PACKAGE
The 6-hour Behind-the-Wheel (BTW) instructional package includes three 2-hour sessions in a Driver's Ed vehicle, one-on-one instruction with a certified Instructor and a Certificate of Completion.
This instruction is intended for students who possess positive and responsible behaviors, the ability to follow directions, a strong awareness of their surroundings, intact sensory acuity and have had some experience driving a vehicle. As safety and competence dictates, BTW instruction includes Range Work, Residential Driving and Expressway Driving. (If student's instructor determines student is lacking proficiency behind-the-wheel, not all components may be covered to ensure safety to student, instructor and other drivers on road ways. Extra driving sessions are available for purchase as needed.)
All Driver’s Education cars are fully insured and equipped with an instructor side brake, extra mirrors and meet the requirements of the GA Department of Driver Services.
Upon receipt of your registration, your student will be added to our queue for assignment to a behind-the-wheel instructor. Once your student is assigned, his/her instructor will contact you directly to schedule the three 2-hour sessions.
Upon successful completion of the BTW instruction, student will receive a 6-hour Driver's Ed Certificate of Completion. Certificate will be sent to parent/guardian via email.
- Refunds are not given after the start of the first driving session. Refunds that are issued will be assessed a $35 processing fee.
- Students must have a valid Georgia permit or license prior to participating in the 6-hour behind-the-wheel instruction.
- To ensure we can fulfill your driving request, please allow us up to 10 business days to process your purchase and assign your student to a behind-the-wheel instructor.
- Cancelled driving appointments result in lost instructional time and delay the assignment of the remaining students. Driving appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $50 rescheduling fee.
- Student must have permit with them during all driving sessions. If student arrives to a driving session without their permit, the student will be turned away and will incur a $50 rescheduling fee.
- During times of high enrollment, such as during the summer months, wait times for assignment to an instructor may take up to two weeks.
- Please ensure your student has had the opportunity to drive six - ten hours prior to purchasing this course to ensure your student gets the most out of working one-on-one with a certified Instructor.